WHY ARE WE BREAKING TRADITION BY MIXING GENRES ?
There are thousands of artists over the years who have stretched the boundaries of conventional Gospel and Christian music, but they never had a solid genre or station to call home. Before now, there was the “no mixing” of Gospel and Christian music on the same station. Now that Mix has a home. Life 615 features multi-genre artists whose lyrics and lives were completely focused on spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ through music.
In a recent study, listeners were asked to give their top three favorite music genres. Christian and Gospel combined ranked lower than mainstream formats, but were included as a favorite.
This information gives two revelations; 1) Christians listen to Country, Pop, Hip Hop/R&B and Rock and in many cases more frequently than Christian Gospel. 2) Non-Christians don’t listen to Christian formatted music.
Here’s the snare, the majority of the people we are seeking to reach and minister to, are listening to mainstream, popular music. Yet, the majority of Christian and Gospel artists speak only to those people who enjoy the specific sound of traditional Christian and Gospel genres. We miss the huge field of non Christians and those Christians who listen to popular music. We don’t want to change the music, we want to present the message to new ears in a way that will reach them.
Christian and Gospel created its own sound to spread the God’s message. But why? With the super-segmentation of Christian/Gospel music it is sometimes “singing to the choir”. The goal of LIFE 615 is to reach the people who listen to music that has the contemporary sound of Country, Pop and R&B/Hip Hop and other genres, with the uncompromising message of Jesus Christ.
How Are We Doing It?
LIFE 615 will stream live 24/7 from our studios in Nashville, TN with a consistent flow of praise, musical guests, online and offline concerts and events. The station will provide a portal for local ministries and businesses to gain airtime. Because we are focusing on continually expanding our national reach, we will also have opportunities for national and international businesses and ministries with online.
The station is not nonprofit. Once we start, we won’t have fund-raisers or telethons on air. Our air will be left for music and ministry only. It is a social enterprise, with a portion of all profits going directly into local and national causes.
We will be supported by advertising space made available to local businesses, ministries, small groups and Christian events. As a social enterprise, we will be proving ministry grants to people, organizations and ministries that are doing amazing things in our community and the rest of the world.
This is a Music City station and our doors will always be open. Artists, guests and the community are always welcome.
Online radio has reached a critical new high, with 53% of Americans 12+ listening monthly. Think about your habits at work, are you listening to an old school radio or online streaming through your phone, iPad or computer? How about at home?
75% of the population saying they listen to music online in a typical week. People listen through their phones, computers, and tablets. 24/7 we will be able to reach every soul in the Nashville metro and the world with a cellphone, iPad, laptop.
How Can You Help?
Be part of the team that Brings LIFE to Nashville! We ask that you:
- Advertise with us – Be a part of Bringing LiFE to Nashville and increase awareness for your ministry, music, event or local business. Unlike traditional advertising, your event, service or product is only a click away from your audience. Create compelling online discounts, sell your music directly, or create direct connections to your ministry, music or business.
- Get A Cool T-Shirt
- Join the LIFE GROUP by subscribing here. We will send you insider info on our upcoming events,Social Media tools and ask that you share with your friends, family, community.
- Come to an Event or create one – We aren’t doing this alone. To raise awareness and to build community we will be having events throughout the city of Nashville and visiting churches (as invited). Contact us about having an artist attend your next service or youth group.
- SHARE – Forward our website or emails, talk about it with your friends and family. Let people know that we are coming.
- LISTEN – Once we launch, be part of the family and listen, call in, come to events… enjoy!
- Tell Us your favorites – Everyone has a favorite thing that uplifts them and reminds us of how amazing God is. Make sure your favorite song, scripture, quote, ministry, event and idea is in the mix. Let us know your favorites by being part of The LIFE GROUP.